The A. James Clark Scholars Program incorporates these required activities into the Duke Engineering curriculum without increasing the total course count required for graduation.
Scholars receive up to $10,000 per year to offset loans, work-study, and summer work requirements. Ten students are chosen from each entering class.
- Pre-orientation program on leadership and resilience
- Group service experience in Durham, North Carolina
- Startup Founder’s Workshop course – discover customer needs and market opportunities
- Service-learning experience
- Prototyping or advanced design experience
- Courses on startup management and accounting
- Leadership training
- Focused, summer-long entrepreneurship program
- Weekly seminars on startup strategy and tactics
- Travel to pitch your startup ideas
- Job placement support
- Clark Scholars celebration at graduation